Job duties include:
- Communicate with Entergy regulated power plants on a routine basis to
assess plant conditions and availability, including unit testing requests and
- Responsible for maintaining a weekly rotation schedule with an on-call
responsibility requiring 24 hour availability to address, answer, implement,
and direct changes to plans
- Develop/plan/implement generation planned outages in coordination with
Transmission and Fossil
- Participate in relevant industry meetings and working groups
- Support industry audits, rate cases, RFIs and other required regulatory
Please submit a detailed resume in your application.
* Must have bachelor's degree in business, economics, mathematics, engineering or other scientific discipline and a minimum of 5-7 years experience in generation dispatch, fossil operations, transmission operation, planning or other similar utility planning and operational activities OR High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 10 years experience in generation dispatch, fossil operations, transmission operation, planning or other similar utility planning and operational activities
Experience in RTO markets will be considered a plus, including but not limited
- Must have technical understanding of generation principles and system operations
- Must have outstanding communication, conflict management, and analytical skills
-Basic understanding of RTO/ISO interaction, including unit commitment, unit notification and generation start up processes
-Understanding of settlement statements to gauge the effectiveness of commitment and dispatching strategies
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be
available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to
perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or
other situations as deemed necessary by the company.
Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Number of Openings
Relocation is APPROVED in accordance with the Entergy guidelines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Entergy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not condone or
tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national
origin, age, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation. Entergy
promotes the development of all employees and encourages each individual to
achieve as much success as their talents and initiative will allow.