Summa Health System is recognized as one of the region’s top employers by a number of third party organizations, including NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the organization and competitive pay and benefits.
Provides direct supervision, to staff on both the ACH and STH campus under the direction of the Manager, Patient Access Services. Interviews and recommends selection of new personnel. Directs, guides, evaluates, counsels, disciplines, and if necessary, recommends dismissal of staff. Ensures that all patient interactions meet federal and state compliance requirements.
1. Formal Education Required:
- Associate Degree in Business, Finance, Education or closely related field, or the equivalent in training and experience.
2. Experience & Training Required:
- Two (2) years experience in healthcare registration, hospital/physician billing, Patient Accounting or Customer Service field
- One (1) year experience in a leadership role
3. Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Demonstrates communication, leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment by accepting and offering honest and constructive feedback, supporting team goals, and encouraging fellow team members.
- Ability to be highly motivated, work independently, make decisions, and work in a fast-paced stressful environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
Summa Health System - 11 months ago