Under limited direction, supervises all activities of workers associated with pick, pack, and ship operations within the Distribution Center. This position will facilitate the distribution of our products to our customers in a timely and efficient manner while properly supervising their subordinates to insure full customer satisfaction with the distribution operation.
Essential Job Functions:
This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws. Addresses Customer Service Department and Sales Department issues related to the outbound operations.
- Assists employees with work process problems. Ensures correct shipment of all orders in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Prepares and conducts performance appraisals and salary reviews, and applies company policies.
- Prepares reports to document picking, confirmation, packing, and shipping activities including all exception reporting of orders not completed for one reason or another. Schedules employee breaks, lunches and time off requests.
- Supervises subordinates in a fast-paced distribution environment to allow for meeting distribution deadlines and commitments.
- Supervises warehouse personnel to ensure that each area is properly staffed according to current workflows.
- Oversees, participates in and approves the interviewing, hiring and training of departmental employees.
- Conducts performance evaluation for direct reports and assists direct report and provides coaching and assistance in the areas of disciplinary action, problem resolution and work assignment delegation.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
- Interpreting and applying federal, state and local policies, procedures and regulations.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
- Supervising, coordinating, delegating assignments and reviewing the work of assigned department personnel.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources.
- Providing excellent customer service with both internal and external customers.
- Learning and understanding the Pharmaceutical Distribution industry, related regulations, and the operational implications.
- Interfacing with senior management and subject matter experts, effectively.
- Mentoring junior team members.
- Excellent performance observation skills.
- Maximizing effectiveness of worker’s activities engaged in verifying and keeping records of outgoing shipments due to a high level of understanding the distribution center process flow.
- Must have the ability to be trained and certified to operate industrial fork-trucks and other material handling equipment.
- Proficient in problem-solving processes.
- Business and personal computer hardware and software applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Experience and/or certification to operate industrial fork-trucks and other material handling equipment.
- Pharmaceutical distribution experience and/or experience with the distribution of perishable products.
- Understands and applies job tools/aids techniques to training initiatives.
- Current Company policies and practices, including safety rules and regulations. Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in related field from an accredited college or university, and a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years progressively responsible related experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Watson Pharmaceuticals - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard