Performs leadership duties of a first-line supervisor to make optimum utilization of employees, equipment, and material. Supervises and coordinates the work of others. Uses interpersonal influence and communication to guide team towards attainment of goals. Usually reports to a manager. Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of IT principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others. Requires the use of advanced techniques and theories, precepts and practices of his/her field and related disciplines. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work usually results from progressive experience and increasing levels of responsibilities. Represents the department to resolve important issues, as well as, to plan and coordinate work with other departments. Has regular contact with business areas and IT personnel. Maintains liaison with individuals and units within or outside his/her higher organization. Makes decisions independently. This position is a NERC regulated position.
As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates work between organizational segments. Communicates Company policies and practices.
- Promotes two-way communications with employees and resolves employee concerns using appropriate corporate resources.
- Ensures safekeeping of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Assigns work.
- Ensures appropriate training for subordinates is accomplished.
- Explains work procedures and solves work problems.
- Communicates corporate policies and practices to employees, and insures compliance.
- Controls quality, quantity and promptness of work performed as measured against accepted standards.
- Administers disciplinary measures.
- Recommends improvements and modifications to organization, procedures, policies, standards, specifications, processes and tools within area of supervision.
- Conducts and completes fair and accurate Performance Appraisals at regularly scheduled times.
- Conducts coaching in a positive and productive manner.
- Assists employees with the development of their career goals.
- Seeks opportunities to provide appropriate recognition.
- Counsels employees concerning work problems and productivity.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of departmental budgets.
- Conducts structured interviews with prospective employees.
- Recommends hiring and promotions.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field OR the equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Working knowledge of Smart Grid technology within a utility.
Experience demonstrating skill managing daily work, IT systems implementations, and projects in a technical leadership role and/or leading high performing teams in multiple geographical locations.
Experience demonstrating skill identifying customers’ needs and requirements. Includes formulating and gaining buy-in for technical solutions to address process deficiencies, gaps, and system problems.
Experience demonstrating skill building and maintaining relationships with others internal and external to the organization (e.g., software vendors, end users, management).
Experience demonstrating skill managing multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, to include meeting deadlines on individual projects.
Extensive experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and e-mail software.
Ability and willingness to work under pressure to promptly get critical software application systems operational following a system failure.
Ability and willingness to work extended hours or modified schedule for planned or emergency work as required.
Ability and willingness to travel to and work at various Company locations as required.
Ability and willingness to carry a pager or cell phone.
Must successfully pass the First Line Supervisory Assessment.
Must possess a valid driver's license.
Must successfully pass the Criminal History Records Check.
Must successfully pass a medical screening to include a drug test.
This is a NERC Regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
Experience demonstrating skill managing client connectivity to database applications via database API’s or other middleware products.
Knowledge of Smart Grid hardware and software components hosted and supported internal and external to an organization (e.g., Silver Spring Networks and Verizon Wireless).
Knowledge of interface technologies (e.g. SQL, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, JAVA, .NET, XML, HTML, VB6, Crystal Reports, MQ, Web Services, IIS, MQ Series, DataPower, JCAPS, Sourcesafe).
PHI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
Pepco Holdings, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Pepco Holdings arguably has more power in the US capital than any politician. The holding company distributes electricity and natural...