CPS Energy is the Largest Municipally Owned Energy Company in the Nation Providing Both Gas and Electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 600,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas area. We have a strong history of industry leading, financial performance, customer satisfaction, and participation in economic development, and community involvement.Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies.
We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent career opportunities for both professional and personal growth.Presently, CPS Energy is hiring for a Supervisor Data Center & Infrastructure Support position. See how CPS Energy can ~ work for you! “
Responsible for equipment maintenance and installation tasks such as managing and installing new and upgraded hardware for customers; replacing cables, components and accessories; maintaining records and drawing schematics of the center to detail what equipment is installed. Customer support responsibilities might include escorting customers through the center on tours, responding to customer inquiries and coordinating with other organizations. Administrative duties might include scheduling employee shifts, planning for capacity changes, maintaining data center documentation and ensuring compliance with government regulations (NERC).
• Manages team’s work packages to ensure project deliverables are met through collaboration with Application Development, IT Infrastructure, Communication Services, Operational Support and Analysis, IT Operations and other IT and technical support teams. Works with business unit and other IT teams and provides proper guidance to ensure infrastructure services and architectures are designed, tested, documented, implemented, enhanced and maintained according to the operations standards and expected service quality
• Develops and monitors Cost Center and Capex budgets
• Works directly with Vendors, Manufactures and Providers to develop operational agreements and to remedy issues
• Installation of x86 and Unix servers, VMware virtualization, Cisco based enterprise networking in a data center environment.
• Configuration, implementation and management and strong knowledge of backup and recovery procedures, and disaster recovery procedures to maintain data protection and availability.
• Provides 3rd level proactive and reactive service and performance management for mission critical systems. Identifies requirements for real-time alerts to notify support groups of a current or potential performance problem.
• Responds to real-time performance alerts to resolve performance problems, regular on-going review and analysis of performance data to identify current performance problems and proactively detect potential future performance problems.
• Independently performs complex troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, solution development and implementation.
• Supports services and processes including appropriate issue escalation.
Responsible for business continuity process input for Enterprise IT Operations.
• Plans work initiatives, including assessing work prioritization.
• Maintains technical skills through independent research, training and/or conferences
• Collaborates with Compliance and Security execution
o Follow direction, guidelines and procedures for the OS patching and vulnerability protection (security software including anti-virus) for servers, telephony equipment and additional platforms as required by Enterprise IT Operations and EIT Security as well as industry supported best practices.
• Area Budgeting and Financial Management
o Manages area purchasing, capital and O&M budgets
• Performs other duties as assigned.
•Minimum Education- An approved Associate Degree in Computer Maintenance Technology, Computer Help Desk Specialist, Computer Network Administration OR 8 years of experience in lieu of degree.
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Computer Systems, Management Information Systems or related field (Preferred) or 7 Years Significant additional direct experience may substitute.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years work experience in Information Technology Systems and Data Center Administration
• 1 to 3 years as an IT Team Leader
• 1 to 3 years UNIX (HP-UX, AIX and/or Solaris) and/or Microsoft Windows system administration experience.
• 3 to 5 years Enterprise-level Data Center Management and Administration
• HP-UX including VM and/or IBM Power7 including LPARs and/or Microsoft Windows on VMware
• Storage deployment and management including SANs, NAS, and VTL utilizing Cisco MDS switching, HP XP/EVA, EMC, and/or Hitachi
• Solid foundation in at least 4 of the following areas:
o UNIX and/or Microsoft Windows System Programming
o UNIX and/or Microsoft Windows System Management
o SAN, NAS, and VTL deployment and management
o Shell Scripting
o System Backup utilizing HP DataProtector (preferred) or other enterprise class backup platform.
•Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
•Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License with a safe & favorable driving record.
•Passing of Drug Test
1.Very important to this position are: accuracy, critical thinking, reading comprehension, active listening, speaking, judgment and decision making, writing, detail, monitoring, management of personnel resources.
2.Important to this position are: coordination, objectives, security.
Employees must exhibit and adhere to all of our CPS Energy Core Behavioral Principles. The CPS Energy Behavioral Principles in line with this role are:
One Company Mindset:
Focuses on our whole business, putting CPS Energy first, and looking beyond the interests of department, location, or individual
Reaches across organizational boundaries to share resources, form high performance teams, and produce results for CPS Energy
Standardizes on process, procedures and best practices
Sets objectives and standards that stretch the organization and require performance beyond what is known to be attainable
Targets and achieves large improvements in results; is not satisfied with incremental progress
Maintains uncompromising standards of excellence
CPS Energy - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio (also known...