To supervise and assist the disease managers in various aspects of the Disease Management process and programs.
Primary Job Duties:
- Responsible for the oversight of daily staffing assignments, assisting staff with performing all Disease management functions.
- Researches and resolves issues regarding policy, programs and contract provisions and guides staff in appropriate and timely resolution of issues.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding and applies principals of the disease management process.
- Demonstrates understanding of and complies with NCQA standards, DOH,URAC and DOL regulations and Healthcare Services initiatives and goals.
- Identifies areas for quality improvement and cost savings.
- Collaborates with management to develop workflows, processes to improve efficiencies.
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently demonstrating sound problem solving techniques.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Associates Degree (N/A)
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with minor supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with daily work processing deadlines
- High energy level and ability to project enthusiasm
- Persuasive communication style
- Polished professional image and reputation
- Knowledge of disease management, managed care, health insurance industry, provider community a plus
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated personal accountability
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Internet
Three years clinical experience, two of which should be in the hospital setting/office practice setting. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Bachelors Degree (N/A)
Telephone triage experience, coaching/ patient teaching preferred. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
HealthNow New York Inc. is one of New York’s leading health care companies that provide access to quality health care and innovative...