Supv PL Operations
Job ID # : 5205 Location: Atlanta, GA
Functional Area : Customer Service SBU: 22001 - Personal Lines Operations
Position Type : Full - Time
Education Required : Bachelors Degree
Experience Required : 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided :
The Hanover Insurance Group is seeking a Customer Service Center Supervisor for our Atlanta, GA office.
This position has responsibility for supervising the daily activities of a group of employees within the Personal Lines Operations business unit. This role is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the department, leading a team of employees, and building a highly engaged workforce to achieve the key business strategies through effective front line workflow & processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible to identify and provide developmental opportunities through coaching and mentoring.
- Work with employees on performance management by setting cascading goals, giving and receiving feedback, documenting and delivering performance reviews, addressing performance issues, creating and implementing development plans while conforming to policies and other internal procedures.
- Interpret and enforce company policies and ensure employee compliance and provide consistent application of company policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible for salary administration recommendations that are directly linked to individual performance.
- Utilizes technology and talent management to increase efficiency and scalability to support corporate growth and service initiatives.
- Prepare and submit weekly or monthly sales/process activity reports
-Daily oversight of resources, workflow and processes
- Deliver outstanding customer service through driving quality, service and continuous process improvements
- Ensuring sustainable processes, scalability, and develop bench strength
- Responsible for day-to-day operating metrics
- Responsible for meeting the expectations of the shared Service Level Agreements across Operations
- Collaborate with peers to assess the demand and ensure proper alignment of resources across PL Operations to successfully meet department performance objectives.
- Understands, evaluates and utilizes the levers to effectively manage demand, quality and effective and efficient service outcomes.
- Determine schedules and ensure adequate coverage for projected call and processing volumes.
- Supervise workload and balance resource allocation within the team, including assigning work and meeting agreed-to completion dates, customer service standards and applicable regulatory time frames for processing.
- Apply advanced knowledge of procedures and programs within the unit.
- Provide advice and counsel to upper level management.
- Provide input in strategic planning.
- Facilitate team meetings and communication of information to staff.
- Develop and present sales focused initiatives to team in order to improve sales performance.
- Implement continuous cost effective improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate development of staff and identification of employee needs as part of an overall professional development program.
- Lead cross site, virtual meetings to ensure consistency and improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Participate and complete business unit workforce and succession planning.
- Work with upper leadership and Human Resource consultant to source, screen and hire employees.
- Analyze data and present recommendations that are achievable and results oriented.
-Builds positive relationships with internal/external customers to accomplish organizational goals
- Identify key issues and communicate to the proper audience in an appropriate and timely manner.
o Internally, across team structures, geography, and departments within the company.
o Externally, with sourcing partners.
o With staff, field and agents
o Collaborate with business partners (State Managers, TSM, Underwriters and Agents, etc.) to proactively improve day-to-day service and successfully resolve issues that may arise.
Shift times would be between 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM on weekdays and would include Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree with related insurance &/or operations experience
- Effective problem solver, who anticipates issues, seeks out and analyzes information collaboratively to propose solutions. Takes ownership for a successful resolution.
- Anticipate needs of the customer and takes a proactive approach to ensure they are met.
- Able to multi-task and reprioritize; Able to maintain focus and accountability in ambiguous situations.
- Effectively and creatively utilizes all resources (systems, people, etc.) to manage daily operations
- Strong people management skills, effective at coaching and motivating staff. Serves as a role model in building effective relationships
- Possess advanced operations knowledge combined with the ability to teach
- Excellent communicator; communicates frequently in a clear, concise manner
- Able to understand and articulate personal lines operations in a way that drives and achieves team(s) results
Apply today and discover:
- Why, in 2010 and 2011, we were recognized by The Boston Globe as a Top Places to Work and by Business Insurance as a Best Places to Work.
- How we continue to grow stronger through acquisitions, increased product offerings and unparalleled credit rating agency upgrades in the industry.
- How we build unique relationships with our Employees, Agent Partners and Customers. …what it’s like to work for the best insurance company in the industry!!!
Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team :
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
- Travel Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefit
- Wellness Programs
- Matching Education Gifts Plan
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
- Generous "Time Off With Pay"
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester, Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Michigan, Chaucer Holdings PLC, based in London and their affiliates. The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to businesses, individuals, and families through a select group of independent agents across the U.S., and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for nearly 160 years. The company is ranked among the top 25 property and casualty insurers in the country and maintains excellent ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
EEO Statement The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
The Hanover Insurance Group - 30+ days ago
Supv PL Operations
The Hanover Insurance Group
- 11 days ago