Investigate, evaluate, and resolve claims against any type of commercial surety bond or other product written by the company and preserve and assist in the enforcement of the company’s salvage rights as a result of payments made on account of such claims.
1. Analyze facts of claims and undertake appropriate investigation relating to a full variety of commercial surety bonds or products.
2. Identify all reasonable defenses and promptly advise claimant of position.
3. Promptly offer settlement of claims where liability is reasonably clear.
4. Prepare responses to liability issues on bonds and errors and omissions products.
5. Handle phone calls relating to processing claims, collections, and legal related matters.
6. Engage, direct, and coordinate the activities of outside attorneys and other vendors as required to accomplish a proper investigation, evaluation, and resolution of claims.
7. Perform legal research of statutes, case law, or other legal authority relative to the issues raised in the investigation, evaluation, and resolution of claim or salvage matters.
8. Review and evaluate all complaints or other legal process filed against or on behalf of the company in claim and salvage matters and make recommendations regarding the legal representation of the company and the action to be taken with respect to any such complaint or legal process.
9. Make complete and accurate reports and presentations to claims management regarding the status and progress of all undertakings with full analysis and recommended course of action.
10. Comply with internal processing systems pertinent to job functions.
11. Handle legal questions concerning collateral.
12. Perform any other claim and salvage functions necessary to fulfill the purposes of the position.
1. Handles files in good faith and in a professional manner in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures.
2. Properly recognizes and addresses issues involved in each claim.
3. Helpful member of the Claim Department team. Works well with other members to get the work done in a pleasant and productive work environment.
4. Provides timely responses to legal research inquiries assigned by the attorneys.
5. Demonstrates ability to learn and follow instructions.
6. Refers any legal/claim questions to Claims Manager or VP, Claims for opinions which commit the Company to a particular position.
7. Promotes goodwill for Company in all public contacts.
8. Presents competent, professional image in the office and at outside activities.
9. Develop and maintain a basic ability to research federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations affecting the Company's interests and areas of the law routinely impacting the Company's products.
10. Able to fully explain issues by letter, telephone, or in person.
11. Uses initiative in developing new or more efficient department procedures.
12. Manages time well to focus efforts on truly important aspects of the job.
Knowledge & Skills:
Four years of college with a BA in Business Administration, paralegal or a related field, or a combination of education and work experience required. Previous surety claims handling experience required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must also possess strong analytical abilities.
United States-South Dakota-Sioux Falls
Surety - Claim
CNA Insurance - 15 months ago
More than one million businesses and professionals count on CNA for thoughtful solutions, solid products and dedicated services. From main...