For more than 125 years, Chubb & Son, a division of Federal Insurance Company has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 11th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 28 countries staffed by 10,600 employees. According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 176th largest U.S.-based Corporation. The magazine also includes Chubb in its list of "America's Most Admired Companies." Forbes listed Chubb as one of America's 400 Best Big Companies.
Chubb has maintained its reputation and financial stability with underwriting expertise, unparalleled customer service, unique industry-specific specialization and a deep respect for all of our employees.
We are currently seeking a Surety Underwriter to work in our Chicago Branch. It will require about 35% travel outside of the Chicagoland area.
• Responsible for underwriting and producing new business as well as underwriting existing business in accordance with established underwriting guidelines.
• Make prompt and decisive recommendations.
• Provide prompt, reliable service to both our external and internal customers.
• Maintain complete and well-documented account files.
• Travel territory frequently, visiting with agents and accounts, to generate new business activity.
• Work with all staff to meet overall department and branch goals.
Competencies / Tech Skills:
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills required.
• Must work independently as well as part of an established team. Operate within the branch structure interacting with the home office, agency plant and customers.
• Drive the dual underwriting process by obtaining and analyzing pertinent underwriting information and then making informed recommendations to home office.
• Strong organizational skills and overall business acumen required.
Chubb prides itself on the ability to provide all employees with an extraordinary work environment which promotes teamwork, diversity and incentives for those who exceed expectations. Chubb has been recognized as one of the top 50 companies for diversity by DiversityInc magazine, one of America’s most admired companies by Forbes, and one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune.
Chubb's compensation and benefit plans work together to create a Total Rewards Program for our employees that is among the best in our industry. As a global organization, we work hard to achieve our goal of providing flexible and competitive compensation and benefits packages in each local market in which we operate. Our goal is to exceed average market practices for our performers. For more information about Chubb and our benefits, visit our website at www.chubb.com.
Chubb Group - 18 months ago