The Surface Laboratory Team within Micron Technology utilizes a wide range of state-of-the-art surface analysis metrologies to support R&D and production activities world-wide. Additionally, the laboratory is involved with development activities to maintain the metrology capability available to the Micron community at the highest possible level.
As an entry level Surface Scientist at Micron, you will be responsible for performing routine surface analyses in support of Micron activities and supporting other Micron Engineers on a variety of R&D and production related projects. This position is open for second half of week (including Saturday) night shift.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using good judgment, initiative, flexibility, and problem solving skills to deal with a wide range of routine and non-routine situations.
- Driving improvement in process and/or equipment changes and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures as they relate to processes and equipment in surface analysis.
- Researching, gathering, and analyzing information related to specific assignments within your technical discipline.
- Recommending process or equipment changes to improve lab metrics.
- Interpreting results and conducting quantitative analyses.
- Interpreting results of new or modified equipment or processes.
Support manufacturing requests
- Supporting manufacturing requests as needed using a variety of analytical metrologies, primarily utilizing various sample preparation techniques, Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES), Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) or nano-mechanical characterization technologies.
Interaction and Communication
- Establishing clear and strong lines of communication allowing a quick response to customer requirements.
- Interacting positively within the group and with other organizations.
- Providing constant and consistent communication with customers as well as their lead regarding projects, procedures, troubleshooting methods, etc.
- Demonstrating proficient knowledge of data collection and analyses to contribute to group objectives.
- Contributing to the fulfillment of group objectives.
- Executing projects within guidelines defined by management.
- Regularly reviewing data and direction with supervisor.
- Demonstrating sound data analysis and judgment.
- Presenting reports and findings with appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Some knowledge of micro-electronic related materials properties and characterization through coursework or experience.
- Hands-on experience with various sample preparation techniques, AFM, AES or nano-mechanical characterization is recommended, but not essential.
- The ability to thrive in both an individual and team-based work environment.
- The ability to self-motivate and take ownership of assigned projects.
- An aptitude and interest in instrument repair and maintenance.
- Good computer application skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and instrument control software.
- The ability to work in a flexible manner that allows for changes in assignments and priorities depending upon the identified needs of the laboratory.
- Comfort with working nights and weekends without much direct supervision.
Bachelor degree in Physics, Material Science, Chemistry or related field is Required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Micron Technology, Inc - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...