Pacific Medical Centers is one of Washington ’s Top 100 Best Places to Work, and among the top 20 companies to work for in 2009, 2010,2011 and 2012 as determined by an annual ranking compiled by Seattle Business Monthly magazine. Our employees collectively agreed that our organization offers an inspiring workplace with a strong patient-focused team environment and ample career-building opportunities. We are focused on quality patient care and serving our community.
PacMed has been a healthcare provider since 1933 and has expanded to 10 locations in Washington State . We have more than 150+ primary and specialty care professionals who are committed to developing a compassionate, long-term relationship with our patients and providing the highest-quality medical care to all we serve.
This is your opportunity to join a leading healthcare organization. Pacific Medical Centers is currently seeking a dynamic Surgery Scheduler to join our team. This position will travel between the Canyon Park and Madison clinics.
JOB SUMMARY :
Work in conjunction with an RN/provider to ensure quality patient care and optimum customer service. Responsible for coordinating inpatient and outpatient surgical cases. Provides routine and complex financial counseling to patients, researches routine and complex referral and billing issues and completes routine and complex encounter form coding for all surgical cases.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :
- Health care or insurance experience required, with a minimum of 1 year ambulatory practice experience.
- Basic computer skills required, experience with Windows, Word, Excel preferred.
- One year comparable experience in an out patient care setting preferred.
- Working knowledge of front and back office functions.
- Minimum 1 year experience with coding ICD9, CPT, and HCPCS.
- Minimum 1 year third party billing and referrals experience.
- Prior experience in liaison role for providers and staff.
- Traveling to other PMC clinics as needed
NOTE: This position is not benefit eligible, but receives an added 15% to the base pay in lieu of benefit
- Customer service oriented.
- Able to schedule complex procedures, surgery and tests at multiple sites.
- Highly flexible and able to multi-task.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Medical terminology knowledge, required.
- Ability to compile and produce statistical data utilizing a spreadsheet format.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrates excellent phone etiquette.
- Able to work with a diverse social and cultural population.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English is required.
**Background check, drug screen and influenza vaccination or proof of immunization will be required for all candidates selected for this position.
**Pacific Medical Centers is an equal opportunity/AA employer.
Pacific Medical Centers - 2 years ago