Under the direction of the CSPD Manager and the Operating Room Manager ensures that all disposable and reusable items are available for all cases. Coordinates with OR team leaders, CSPD Supervisors, CSPD materials coordinator, OR facilitators, Implant Room and various Vendors to ensure all materials are present for surgical procedures. The CSPD Materials Coordinator 2 serves as the liaison for the CSPD in respect to complete OR surgical material case pick.
- Reviews daily and weekly schedule to ensure all material needs are met.
- Assists in coordination of all surgical materials in regards to storage locations.
- Works with OR team leaders to streamline and prepare accurate preference cards.
- Suggest new equipment purchases based on OR needs.
- Work with Surgical Materials Coordinator 1 to ensure all sets are labeled appropriately in the CSPD tracking system.
- Evaluate daily schedule and establish and expedite turnover list (Red Tag).
- Coordinate the transfer of trays from NEBH,NEBHSC and NEBHOCC.
- Ensure loaner trays are properly assigned to cases.
- Work with OR facilitators to ensure their needs are met.
- Receive instrumentation and set calls from the OR and service accordingly.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in OR/CSPD healthcare setting.
- Must have knowledge of surgical instrument case pick.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Knowledge of orthopedic systems and a broad range of surgical instrumentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- This position provides an essential role in patient safety and infection control by ensuring surgical instruments, and patient care equipment is decontaminated, reprocessed and maintained. This position operates several types of surgical instrument sterilizers and decontamination equipment.
- Must be customer service orientated and demonstrate excellent customer service skills to all levels of OR staff.
New England Baptist Hospital - 5 months ago
As a world-class orthopedic hospital, we help patients get back to the activities and independence they enjoy, whether that means...