The Duties and responsibilities of the Staff nurse shall include but not be limited to:
1. Delivers nursing care as needed throughout the scheduled procedure while assuming the team position of Circulating nurse, Scrub nurse, Recovery Room nurse or PACU nurse.
2. Assess and documents patient status.
3. Carries out treatments and/or orders.
4. Assists in positioning and/or transporting the patient.
5. Demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment, instruments, supplies, and procedures utilized in that specific nursing position.
6. Insures availability of supplies and equipment by assisting cleaning and sterilization of the same.
7. Records treatment, comments and notes as necessary on the appropriate patient chart, alerting other personnel to all orders, problems, and other pertinent information.
8. Is flexible, adaptive and able to accept and implement new ideas and approaches.
9. Administers medication, IV therapy and Drips as ordered.
10. PACU nurse admits patient to Phase II from surgery or Phase I and evaluates needs of the patient, administering care accordingly.
11. PACU nurse should be primarily patient-centered and able to modify procedures to the response and comfort of the individual patient.
12. Discharges patients from Phase II to home or other appropriate place accordingly and per physician’s order.
13. Participates in regular in-service training and other quality assurance activities, as well as continuing education seminars and workshops.