Let’s build your future, together!
This Full Time day shift position is located at our Banner Boswell Medical Center laboratory in Sun City.
At Sonora Quest Laboratories/Laboratory Sciences of Arizona, we believe in building rewarding and long-lasting careers. Winning the Governor’s Award for Quality and being named one of the “Best Places to Work“ tells us we’re on the right path.
We are an integrated laboratory system serving over 7,000 clients throughout Arizona, including hospitals, physicians and managed care organizations. We have 2,600 employees statewide and perform over 70,000 diagnostics tests per day.
About Laboratory Sciences of Arizona
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- Generous 401(k) and Roth 401(k)
- Goal sharing bonus program
- Tuition assistance
- And MUCH MORE!
Laboratory Sciences of Arizona was formed by an integration of Sonora Laboratory Sciences (now Sonora Quest Laboratories), an independent reference laboratory providing service to the medical community throughout Arizona , and the hospital laboratories of Banner Health. Laboratory Sciences of Arizona is governed via a Board of Directors appointed by Banner Health. The Laboratory Sciences of Arizona Board consists of members of senior management of Banner Health and representatives of Pathology Specialists of Arizona (PSA), our contracted pathology group.
This position will receive and triage tissue and cytology specimens and provide necessary support functions; assist with frozen sections, bone marrows and fine needles; provides clerical support and maintains equipment.
Position has responsibility for receiving and maintaining the integrity of specimens in Surgical Pathology; for accessioning, labeling and properly handling these specimens while providing support to the pathologists and/or pathologists' assistants, including assisting with frozen sections, autopsies, biopsies and maintenance of specimens and processes. Internal customers are pathologists, medical directors, supervisors, managers, executives and other staff. External customers are patients, clients, visitors and vendors.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months previous medical laboratory experience in specimen handling skills.
- Requires good communication, comprehension and typing skills. possess a significant understanding and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the Pathology field.
- Evidence of increasing responsibility in personnel interaction and organizational skills required.
- Soft skills include oral/written communication skills, analytical/strategic skills, ability to utilize necessary computer programs including Word and Excel; must possess the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- AA degree preferred .
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 10 months ago