Graduate from an accredited surgical technology program. Good communication skills. Ability to independently perform scrub duties. High school graduate or GED. Completion of ST program. May be exposed to hazardous materials and life-threatening disease and radiation. This position needs to recognize needs and behaviors of specific age groups of patients treated.
Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Ability to lift 50 pounds. Ability to cooperate and work well with others. Ability to communicate with mask on and not facing others. Ability to work in a stressful, changing environment.
Ability to work designated shifts, including weekends and holidays. Ability to take and respond to call within 30 minutes.
A minimum of 1 year of Surgical Tech experience strongly reccommended.
To assist in providing quality patient care in a manner which is patient-focused, technically appropriate, and cost effective. The Surgical Technologist (ST) works under the direct supervision of a registered nurse in accordance with the Standards of Practice and within the guidelines of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act.
The ST is responsible for establishing and maintaining a sterile field, a safe patient care environment, and appropriate supplies/equipment as required for the operative procedure. The ST functions as a cooperative health care team member in a critical care environment treating the patient in a holistic manner with dignity and respect.
1. Performs duties in the scrub role as assigned.
2. Responsible for the preparation of the surgical field and supplies/instruments delivered to the field.
3. In collaboration with health care team, assists in providing for a cooperative work environment.
4. Responsible for compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
5. Responsible for maintenance of professional growth.
Advocate Health Care - 21 months ago