The Surgical Technician is a technically trained person that functions as a member of the surgical team who anticipates and ensures proper sterile technique before and during surgeries. The Surgical Technician assists surgeons in a variety of operative procedures.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates knowledge of principles and practices of aseptic technique to create a safe environment for surgical patients.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of operating room procedures and central processing of instruments.
3. Assists in patient transfer, positioning and draping in the operating room.
4. Assists all surgical team members in preparing for the procedure, during the procedure and clean up after the procedure.
5. Properly sets up cases as appropriate for procedure.
6. Introduces self and title to patient.
7. Demonstrates proper use of equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
8. Performs counts with RN in accordance to policy.
9. Prepares specimens for circulator and informs of source.
10. Restocks the department daily.
11. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
12. Follows the center professional conduct and dress code policy.
13. Communicates effectively and courteously with patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers.
14. Communicates effectively and courteously when answering the telephone.
15. Adheres to all Center Policy and Procedures as well as general ADC policy and procedures.
16. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Must be able to work effectively under pressure and in emergency medical situations. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with patients, physicians and co-workers.
CERTIFICATES/LICENSES: Must have current Class C CPR course completion. Prefer certification for Surgical Technicians.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school Diploma or GED equivalent. Graduate of Surgical Technologist program.
At the Austin Diagnostic Clinic, our foot and ankle specialists aim to provide comprehensive management of a wide variety foot and ankle...