Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Surgical Technician in our Sterile Processing Department.
· Following department standards maintains asepsis, positioning, prepping and draping, needle and instrument count, specimen care and dressing application.
· Provides appropriate instrumentation to surgeon.
· Provides psychological and physical comfort measures to patient and identifies changes in condition and reports to RN/Charge Nurse.
· Prepares instruments and supplies for sterilization; cleans and decontaminates instruments; assists in cleaning/preparing OR suite for next case.
· Surgical Technician degree.
· At least one year of experience as a Surgical Technician may be substituted for the professional education requirement.
· Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 30+ days ago