Under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse assists the surgeon, anesthesiologists and anesthetists in the care and treatment of the patient; adheres to strict aseptic technique during surgical procedures and handling of equipment and instrumentation, as well as fulfills the duties of Scrub Nurse as assigned and assists with the maintenance, decontamination, cleanliness and sterilization of equipment and supplies used. Effectively interacts with patients and health care team members, while maintaining the surgical department standards. Maintains competency for all general and specialized services and equipment. Takes emergency call with an RN. Prepares medication used in surgical procedures under supervision. Utilizes appropriate channels to keep those involved aware of any changes in the patient’s condition and/or unit issues.
Other Special Skills – Preferred
- BLS is required within 3 months of hire
- Completion of an approved course in surgical technology is required
- Technical training beyond high school is preferred
- 1 year experience preferred
- Proficiency in a suite of MS Office applications
MaineGeneral Health - 10 months ago