Assists the surgeon, nurse and surgical assistant throughout the surgical procedure to promote efficient and timely completion of procedure.
• Gathers and opens necessary supplies according to physician preference sheet.
• Sets up rooms and observes aseptic practices in opening sterile supplies.
• Sets up Mayo Table, instruments, and supplies according to recommended practices.
• Assists in positioning patient in prescribed method for type of procedure to be performed.
• Assists Registered Nurse in prepping of the patient for procedure.
• Assists physician/surgeon with draping of the patient for procedure.
• Observes patient at all times and is ready for emergencies.
• Assists Registered Nurse in providing safe patient care through proper identification of patient.
• Transports patients, as directed, according to policy and procedure and using proper techniques.
• Assists with collection of data as directed by the Registered Nurse.
• Identifies patient related problems/condition changes and reports to a Registered Nurse.
• Provides care that is consistent with General Standards of Care, practice guidelines, protocols, and policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge and maintenance of aseptic technique throughout the procedure identifying any breaks in technique to the surgical team.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the surgical procedure with knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and instrumentation by correctly anticipating the needs of surgeon and assistant.
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of emergency measures and initiates necessary action.
• Performs initial decontamination procedures of instruments in the O.R.
• Assists in count of sponges, needles, and instruments.
• Assists in care and transport of specimens.
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Wheaton Franciscan Services (WFSI) is the parent company for more than 100 health care, housing, and social service organizations in...