Minimum Qualification: HS diploma required, Surgical technician program completion or specialty military training preferred. Previous experience as a Surgical Technician strongly preferred. Surgical Technician certification strongly preferred. Staff member will maintain BLS certification.
Candidate must be available for rotating start time, call rotation and available to respond to call within 30 minutes of request.
Will be part of the North Market Cardiac team. Cardiac experience preferred. In addition to Elmbrook, will rotate to TWHH and St. Joseph Hospital.
Assists the surgeon, nurse and surgical assistant throughout the surgical procedure to promote efficient and timely completion of procedure.
• Gathers and opens necessary supplies according to physician preference sheet.
• Sets up rooms and observes aseptic practices in opening sterile supplies.
• Sets up Mayo Table, instruments, and supplies according to recommended practices.
• Assists in positioning patient in prescribed method for type of procedure to be performed.
• Assists Registered Nurse in prepping of the patient for procedure.
• Assists physician/surgeon with draping of the patient for procedure.
• Observes patient at all times and is ready for emergencies.
• Assists Registered Nurse in providing safe patient care through proper identification of patient.
• Transports patients, as directed, according to policy and procedure and using proper techniques.
• Assists with collection of data as directed by the Registered Nurse.
• Identifies patient related problems/condition changes and reports to a Registered Nurse.
• Provides care that is consistent with General Standards of Care, practice guidelines, protocols, and policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge and maintenance of aseptic technique throughout the procedure identifying any breaks in technique to the surgical team.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the surgical procedure with knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and instrumentation by correctly anticipating the needs of surgeon and assistant.
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of emergency measures and initiates necessary action.
• Performs initial decontamination procedures of instruments in the O.R.
• Assists in count of sponges, needles, and instruments.
• Assists in care and transport of specimens.
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - 15 months ago
Wheaton Franciscan Services (WFSI) is the parent company for more than 100 health care, housing, and social service organizations in...