The incumbent in this position is responsible for intraoperative delivery of patient care in the scrub role. Assists Core Leader, OR with orientation, training and supply inventory for a specific surgical specialty consistent with specialty alignment. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- High school graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- Completion of accredited program in Surgical Technology.
- Current certification by examination through Association of Surgical Technologists is preferred.
- One to two years OR experience as Surgical Technologist in an acute care operating room, which included the major surgical specialties, i.e., General, GYN, Urology, Neuro, Ortho, ENT, CV, Plastic, with one year OR scrub experience preferred.
Knowledge of surgical specialties, instruments, techniques, procedures, anatomy and physiology.
- Scrub role competence.
- Must be able to understand the importance of being a member of a specialty team and rotating to other specialties to maintain skills.
- Ability to teach; adaptable to change.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain emotional control and function under stress during emergent and non-emergent situations.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Sterile Processing Technician, Technologist, Tech, Sterilization, Surgical Instruments, CBSPD, Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, IAHCSMM, International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management, Autoclave, Surgical Technologist
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...