About East Morgan County Hospital
Located in the northeast Colorado community of Brush, East Morgan County Hospital is licensed by the state and certified by Medicare as a 25-bed critical-access hospital as well as a designated Level IV trauma center. The hospital features a newly remodeled 24-hour emergency department with three trauma bays, one surgery suite, one recovery room, one endoscopy room, and one outpatient surgery suite. Our commitment to innovation includes our Picture Archive Communications System, a filmless radiology system that is among the newest technological advances available. As one of the area’s largest employers, East Morgan County Hospital can offer you an exceptional opportunity to provide compassionate, innovative care to this unique rural community.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position selects and places surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery. Scrubs and provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies during surgical procedure. Participants in the training and orientation of surgical technology staff and students, as assigned. Is proficient to scrub on a minimum of 2 surgical specialties.
- Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment and makes minor adjustments or calls biomedical equipment staff. Checks schedule and plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
- Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments, retracts tissue and operates equipment during surgery. Maintains competency to scrub in a minimum of 2 surgical specialties.
- Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
- Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
- Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
- Participants in or leads the training and orientation of surgical technology staff and students, as assigned.
This position requires knowledge normally associated with completion of a High School Diploma or equivalent and current basic life support certification. Also required is current certification as a surgical technologist. Where applicable must be registered with State Regulatory Agency This position requires skills and abilities typically attained with 2 or more years of operating room experience and must be able to scrub proficiently on a minimum of 2 surgical specialties. The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations. The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient. Must stay abreast of new developments in the field.
Graduation from an accredited school of surgical technology is highly preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 12 months ago