1. Graduate of accredited Surgical Technologist program, preferred(Remove)
2. Documented surgical technologist experience
3. BLS, Health Care Provider (course completion within 90 days)
4. Completion of department competency checklist (within 90 days)
0. One year OR experience preferred
1. AST membership encouraged
0. Surgical Technologist Certification desired(remove) required for any new hires after 5/3/2012
D. Interpersonal Requirements:
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
0. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
1. Maintains a neat, clean, professional appearance.
2. Possesses a sense of responsibility, initiative and honesty; is self-motivated and works in an efficient and effective manner.
3. Pays attention to details under all circumstances
Under the general supervision of a registered professional nurse, the Surgical Technologist (ST) participates as a member of the perioperative nursing team. The primary focus of this position is the scrub person role; performing direct and indirect care of the neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric surgical patient. The ST performs in a cost-effective manner without compromising quality. In addition the ST:
• Meets hospital and department standards for professional accountability (continuing education and competency);
• Demonstrates competency to scrub in minor surgical and endoscopic procedures; Demonstrates competency to scrub in complex surgical procedures in at least two surgical specialties.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Standards and Recommended Practices for Perioperative Nursing related to technical skill level;
• Participates in department quality assurance and performance improvement;
• Participates as a resource person for staff and assists in new staff training
• Participates in cost reduction initiatives by the hospital