The Surveillance Investigator has primary responsibility for observation and investigation of Maryland Live Casino real time, previous events and potential actions and activities of guests, team members and others which may result in loss of assets inclusive of cash, tokens/chips, coupons and property. The surveillance investigator will also investigate and monitor actions to protect and limit if not eliminate company liability from lawsuits and ligation.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observe and investigate casino operations for irregular activities such as cheating or theft by team members and guests, using audio and video equipment and one-way mirrors.
- Monitor establishment activities to ensure adherence to all state gaming regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Report all violations and suspicious behaviors to supervisors, verbally and/or in writing.
- Develop and implement surveillance department effective investigative policies, procedures and processes.
- Train surveillance technicians.
- Develop and maintain relationships with representatives of the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission.
- Work with Risk Manager to investigate risk claims.
- Protect company assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and result.
- Ability to solve routine problems.
- Ability to maintain mental concentration for significant periods of time.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressure.
- Ability to work all shifts on a rotating basis as designated.
- Willingness and ability to learn and understand gaming laws and regulations.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) to four (4) year’s experience in security or surveillance within a casino and gaming industry requiring knowledge and experience with table games. Experience with investigative and report writing responsibilities is required.
- Two (2 )year associates or technical degree in a related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to obtain required gaming license as determined by the Maryland Lottery and gaming Commission.