OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
Objective of the Programme:
WHO-India through its National Polio Surveillance Project provides technical assistance to the Union and state governments for polio surveillance and immunization activities directed towards polio eradication.
Mission of the WHO Country Office for India:
Within the framework of WHO's Country Cooperation Strategy the mission of the WHO Country Office is to support India in: (i) developing and sustaining its own health policies, health systems and public health programmes; (ii) working to prevent and overcome threats to health; (iii) anticipating future challenges; and (iv) advocating public health.
Description of duties:
Under the overall guidance of WHO Representative to India and the direct supervision of Regional Team Leader or Sub Regional Team Leader, the incumbent will perform the following responsibilities:
1. Provide technical guidance and training to the government and non-government staff, as per WHO guidelines and procedures, in the designated area of work on:
- timely reporting, investigation, follow-up and
response to cases of acute flaccid paralysis
- planning, implementation and monitoring of
supplementary immunization activities
- strengthening of routine immunization activities
- activities related to measles control
- other health priorities as a part of WHO's
Country Cooperation Strategy (2012-2017)
2. Conduct regular analysis and interpretation of epidemiological, surveillance and immunization data in the designated area of work to support appropriate follow up actions to strengthen actions related to polio eradication, routine immunization, measles control and other health priorities
3. Provide oversight and support for administrative and finance duties of WHO field unit as per established WHO (NPSP) guidelines.
Essential: MBBS (MCI/State Registration is essential)
Desirable: Post graduation in community medicine/preventive social medicine/ pediatrics/ MPH/MHA
1. Excellent Communication skills (both written and spoken);
2. Computer literacy - Word Processing, Spreadsheet and presentation software
3. Good analytical skills;
4. Ability to multi task;
5. Ability to work in different environments;
6. Good presentation skills;
7. Good inter-personal skills.
Essential: At least two (2) years of public health experience at the state/district level.
Desirable: Experience in public health/program management and/or experience of working in the polio eradication programme.
Excellent knowledge of English and Hindi.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the United Nations' agency for health. The organization focuses on four main areas, led...