Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Assist with a variety of survey tasks to provide precision survey services; plan, establish and maintain the City's horizontal and vertical control networks; complete and correct field work including the set up and operation of instruments and monitor survey control stations.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements:
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
High school diploma or GED plus two (2) years college level course work in surveying, drafting, civil engineering or a related field, plus (2) years geodetic or plane surveying experience.
Possession of a valid New Mexico Driver's License (Class D) by date of hire.
Possession of a valid City Operator's Permit (COP) within 90 days from date of hire.
- Principles and practices of geodetic and plane surveying
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers
- Methods, techniques and instruments used in surveying
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Make repeated measurements accurately
- Perform fieldwork including calculations
- Operate office equipment including computers
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform the essential function with or without reasonable accommodation
City of Albuquerque - 12 months ago