JOB TITLE: Survey Engineer
REPORTS TO: Managing Survey Engineer
Under a centralized survey development team, responsible for developing, programming, and fielding functional surveys as well as performing data processing and reporting. Delivers complex studies under general supervision. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Learn, implement and follow best practices for Dimensions survey development, data management, and reporting.
- Scripting within the IBM SPSS Data Collection software suite using IBM SPSS Professional (mrStudio). This includes interview scripting, i.e. implementing complex routing, skip patterns, and quotas as well as table scripting i.e. implementing weighting and indexing.
- Administer online surveys using IBM SPSS Interviewer Administrator (DimensionNet).
- Perform data processing functions using toolset and automated scripting.
- Maintain custom Dimensions product extensions.
- Work with the research team to understand and execute complex survey logic, data management, and reporting.
- Web design and site administration including hand-coding HTML and minor editing of images.
- Communicate progress and information clearly and often.
- Participates in defining and following best practices and process automation for survey design.
- Ensure data quality through all stages of survey development, data processing, and reporting.
- Participates in other tasks related to the data collection process as necessary.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field. At least one year of prior market research experience preferably in programming, data processing, or quantitative research capacity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must demonstrate a constant strive to learn and creative problem solving. Proficient in building, testing, and deploying solutions based on organizational standards. Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and commitment to quality. Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time to effectively contribute to multiple projects simultaneously. Strives to work efficiently and increase productivity. Works well under time constraints. Commits to long hours when required in order to meet deadlines. Knowledge of group dynamics. Strong interpersonal skills.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Moderate understanding of IBM SPSS Dimensions toolset, including, Professional, DimensionNet, and Reporter.
- One+ years experience with MRS/DMS/IOM/TOM scripting languages.
- Understanding of internet technologies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and VBA.
- VB, VBA, or VBScript experience*
- VB Script and Visual Basic programmers with no IBM SPSS Data collection software experience is also preferred, with the understanding that most work will be done using this software and not VB Script.
Work Environment : Typical indoor office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental conditions.
The physical activity of this position is of a sedentary nature which involves sitting most of the time. The employee may occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 10 pounds. It is necessary for the employee to be able to use their hands to operate computer equipment and communicate by talking and hearing. Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such as viewing a computer screen and reviewing reports. Prolonged and intense concentration is required.
LRW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The functions, requirements, physical demands, and work environment listed in this job description represent the essential functions of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The listed functions and responsibilities do not necessarily include all activities that the incumbent may perform .
Lieberman Research Worldwide (LRW) - 8 months ago