Building and Land Surveyors
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Reno, NV staff as a Survey Field Data Specialist. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of survey projects nationwide, including boundary, topographic, hydrographic, land development and construction. Our ideal candidate will have a desire to pursue a career in land surveying, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to travel approximately 30% of the time.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Operates the more complex surveying instruments and performs survey calculations related to the operation of those instruments.
- Sets up and has the ability to operate all instrumentation typical on a field data collection crew to include electronic and robotic total stations, electronic levels, GPS, HDS, and other equipment as needed.
- Maintains thorough familiarity with the operating procedures of field data collection equipment and procedures.
- Compiles field notes, sketches and records of data obtained and work performed.
- Exercises supervision over other crew members in connection with the field work and the maintenance and safekeeping of field equipment and survey vehicles, in the absence or at the request of the supervisor.
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance, checking and handling of surveying instruments.
- Ensures that: (1) an adequate reserve supply of consumable material such as stakes, hubs, iron rods, nails, paint and flagging is maintained in the supply storage areas at the office; (2) survey vehicles contain adequate supply of equipment and materials for the day's operation; and (3) the survey vehicles, parking area and equipment and supply storage areas at the office are kept in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Sets up and operates Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- A High School diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Four years of related experience is required.
- CST Level III and/or LSIT is preferred.
- Experience performing construction staking is required.
- This position requires out of town travel assignments approximately 30% of the time. Must be willing to accommodate travel assignment schedule.
- Depending on the project, travel to survey sites may include the following: long commutes, overnight stays, temporary relocation near a survey site, and in some instances out-of-state or international assignments.
- Must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
- The nature of this position requires that incumbents have the ability to walk long distances in rough terrain of survey sites, as well as the ability to work outdoors, occasionally under adverse weather conditions, and carry heavy loads; ability to communicate verbally and using hand signals.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
We provide a practical approach to FM consultancy services that offers independent best practice advice in all areas of premises and...