Hyperion Biotechnology is seeking a Survey Methodologist-Marketing Researcher to support the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) in San Diego.
In this position, you will be part of a team that supports the day-to-day operations and overall coordination of the Deployment Health Research Department (DHRD). Generally, this involves creation and maintenance of large and complex DoD health databases (1.5 million records +) as well as the coordination and administration of survey activities. Project tasks include the following, although not all pertain directly to this position.
- Maintain and pre-process data for analysis and interpretation
- Ensure proper storage, linkage and cleaning of collected health data
- Support the verification of data as it arrives in the department
- Assist in program design and maintenance of survey instruments alongside research consultants
- Administer surveys to study participants as directed (approx. 400,000 individuals)
- Assist in the development of strategies to maintain study participant retention, including using newsletters, mailers, and other incentives
- Maintain study subject information, including e-mail and mailing addresses
- Assist in the development of new surveys and strategies for various programs
- Establish a validation and QA process for data integrity and security
- Assist in the development of materials for presentations to sponsors, professional meetings and study participants
- Support the maintenance of large health databases, including updates and weekly backups, and ensure the verification and security of such databases in compliance with all DoD and HIPAA standards
- Maintain updated contact data for multiple contact survey studies which include approx. 400,000 people
- Scan and verify new survey data as it arrives using TeleForm
- Conduct large mailings (approx. 400,000) that include introductory and reminder postcards, Memorial and Veterans Day postcards along with questionnaire packets
- Securely maintain e-mail addresses for study subjects, and use them to send updates
- Ensure that surveys are administered by study personnel to new Marine accessions at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego, each week
- Work with a marketing person to maintain participant retention, which may include the design and development of newsletters and other mailers and incentives
- Maintain annual contact with research subjects which include acquiring current contact information, mailing required items, processing returned materials, etc.
- Provide overall support for departmental studies from program design to completion
Requirements – You must have:
- At least 10 years’ experience in the design and improvement of survey methodologies and marketing research
- Familiarity with the development and use of new technologies, including social media and the use of the internet as a survey tool
- Ability to design effective health surveys for large military cohort studies
- At least 5 published reports in the research of survey methodologies
- Ability to identify and define marketing opportunities in the recruitment of study subjects for large health research studies
- Ability to identify problems, generate, refine and evaluate marketing actions
- Ability to work with medical researchers to design and market health surveys
- Examples of previous work, and be able to work as a team member ib large research projects.
To apply: Please submit your resume / CV through this website only. No phone calls. Include your availability, citizenship or visa status, desired salary, and references.
Hyperion Biotechnology does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference.
If you would like to voluntarily self-identify, please click on the following link:
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. No question on this form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. The company is required by federal regulations to report information as requested below.
Your contribution of this information is completely voluntary and in no way affects the decision regarding your employment opportunity. The information you provide is strictly confidential and will be maintained separate from your application form.