Altarum Institute is searching for a Senior Team Leader/Project Leader to work with the Program Analysis and Evaluation (PAE) Practice Area in our Alexandria, VA office. The team supports client work with the Department of Defense, Veterans Administration, and a range of other government and private-sector clients. The Project Lead will lead and manage a range of staff members, facilitate oversight on contract projects, and be qualified to develop and lead research-based projects for our clients.
Altarum Institute relies on state-of-the-art data collection and health care data analysis programs to deliver quantitative and qualitative research that informs our clients’ health services and programs. Our tools include multimode (Web, mail, and phone) survey tools to collect, analyze, and report data including proprietary data visualization, Web-reporting techniques, and quality improvement simulators. Altarum leverages the latest in graphic design and advanced computer cartographic techniques to produce publication-quality maps and custom thematic maps.
Altarum is one of the leading survey providers in the country, interviewing over 1 million health care beneficiaries each year, working with hundreds of public, private, and academic client organizations. Altarum provides a complete range of survey services, from study design, sample construction, and field data collection operations, to extensive and sophisticated analysis and reporting, including highly interactive presentations such as dashboards and proprietary visualizations of survey data. The Project Lead will play a significant role in the continued success of the group.
• Working with Department leadership to provide the highest quality of supervision, oversight, mentoring and development to high performing professional teams working in a very fast-paced, demanding, but rewarding, work environment.
• Responsible for planning, managing and executing research and consulting projects (many relating to surveys) from beginning to end, within budget and time constraints.
• Supports a senior team of analysts, survey methodologists, programmers and other technical specialists to meet all contract requirements. Manages an array of staffing, management and leadership issues.
• Provides professional client interface, ensuring responsiveness to client requirements and concerns.
• Responsible for quality assurance and control for all processes and deliverables.
• Manages processes for budgets, timelines and calendars, technical documentation, project briefings and reviews, quality assurance documents, and all contract deliverables.
• Proactively assesses progress, vulnerabilities, and risks. Identifies potential crises and develops and executes contingency plans.
• Works to help develop business proposals for future projects.
• Continually identifies lessons-learned, evaluates completed tasks and makes process improvements based upon successful and unsuccessful project elements. Develops best practices to share throughout the Practice Area.
• Masters degree (MHA, MPH, MBA or related field) or Ph.D; and at least 10 years professional experience working in health-related research and/or management roles, directly supervising multiple personnel.
• Strategic thinker with solid leadership credentials. Military system experience a plus.
• Experience successfully managing and executing complex survey projects.
• Experience managing budgets, plans, teams and complex time-sensitive deliverables and deadlines.
• Experience in healthcare research projects; survey-related research experience a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in developing new business, and proposal writing strongly preferred.
• Basic analytic capability, preferred knowledge of SAS statistical software.
• Ability to work very independently, contribute to multiple projects and provide other project support as needed. Skilled in time management and prioritization of multiple tasks.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills required.
• Experience with Veterans and/or Military Health System strongly preferred.
• Must be able to receive a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required).
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 15 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...