Building and Land Surveyors
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Tampa, FL staff as a Survey Project Manager. In this role you will manage survey projects and project personnel. The successful candidate will have a Florida Professional Surveying and Mapping license.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Creation of Control Survey and R/W maps adhering to FDOT Standards.
- Oversight of staff performing field and office activities in support of FDOT projects.
- Integration of modern survey technologies and software for projects in the Tampa Bay area.
- Creation of cost estimates and scope documents.
- Management of project financials
- Mentoring and training of younger staff members
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying, Geomatics or a related discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of experience is preferred.
- The successful candidate must be proficient with survey calculations, CAD, and GIS.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good public speaking ability; strong project financial management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written, including technical writing) is required. Analytical ability; proactive attitude; ability to innovate and improvise are highly desired.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Atkins - 10 months ago
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...