Our land surveying department is currently looking for a Survey Technician to support a large survey data collection project that we currently have underway in and around the San Francisco Bay area and throughout central California. This is a temporary assignment.
Conduct land survey and mapping by applying the principles and theories of math, science & engineering. Perform calculations and document findings with detailed and accurate field notes. Utilize surveying equipment, including GPS and GIS and mechanical equipment to capture line of sight readings and curvature of the earth readings. Adjust and operate surveying instruments, such as the theodolite and electronic distance-measuring equipment, and compile notes, make sketches and enter data into computers.
- Working with staff involved in daily field and office efforts
- Data collection associated with the preparation of existing conditions and property line plans
- Property line survey and construction survey
- Boundary research
The successful candidate will have:
Position requires long hours and physical ability to hike through a variety of terrains while carrying equipment of approximately 50 pounds. Prior experience with pipeline survey and mapping terminology and the use of coordinate-based information strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years of surveying experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Surveying Engineering is preferred
- A thorough understanding of boundary survey, automated data collection, and GPS survey technology
- AutoCAD drafting skills
- Knowledge of high definition laser scanning preferred
- Pipeline experience and Operator Qualifications a plus
AA/EOE, M/F/V/D. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Clough Harbour & Associates - 11 months ago