Stantec's Surveys/Geomatics group is one of North America's largest surveying and mapping consultants with more than 600 geomatics employees, including over 100 licensed professional surveyors, operating out of 45 locations. Our team applies state-of-the-art office and field tools to deliver a broad range of solutions for private and public clients. Focusing on all aspects of spatial data, we provide services that include boundary surveying, topographic mapping, construction layout, geodetic and GPS surveys, GIS development, terrestrial laser scanning, aerial photogrammetry, and hydrographic surveying. Stantec is a place where we measure project and career success in some of the most rewarding ways possible, and offer career opportunities as unique as you are.
Able to work independently and as part of a team, you will provide office support, mapping, and calculations in support of various survey tasks and projects. Tasks may include: research of survey records; boundary analysis and base-mapping; legal description preparation, analysis, and interpretation; preparing instructions and sketches for survey crews; preparing maps, plats, and exhibits; reviewing field notes for completeness and clarity; performing construction staking calculations for improvements and utilities; and other surveying services in support of engineering work. You will also assist with scheduling, budgeting, contracting, and client interaction for surveying projects.
• Minimum 3-years experience in surveying under a licensed surveyor.
• Minimum 1-year field experience required.
• Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Land Development Desktop required.
• Ability to gather and organize survey research and records.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and construction documents.
• Ability to prepare calculations, alignments, and instructions for field work.
• Ability to prepare exhibits, ALTA surveys, subdivision maps, and topographic surveys.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a project team.
• Experience with Microstation, ArcGIS, Trimble Business Center, and/or Terramodel a plus.
Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North...