BUY FOR LE$$, Supermercado and Uptown Grocery Co. currently employs 1,200 people in 14 stores across the OKC Metro. We are proud of the quality of our perishables and the great values we provide throughout the stores. We tailor each store to the community it serves and make a special effort to provide our Guests the best possible service. Buy For Less is a successful and growing company with many opportunities to advance within the organization. The opportunities to advance are available to everyone. The success of the individual is the success of Buy For Less. Buy For Less has a strong well organized structure of management to allow for any level of challenge in your advancement. This is more than just a job; it's what you make of it, a career of a lifetime!
Benefits: Buy For Less provides competitive pay, vacation, 401(k), health, dental and vision, life, LTD, AD&D. This is more than just a job; it's everything you make of it, a career of a lifetime!
Job Type: Full time/ Part time, hourly responsibility. Must be available weekdays, weekends, holidays for various shifts, particularly evenings and on occasion work at another store location. Must be available to adjust schedule to meet business demands.
Buy For Less is seeking a friendly, creative and team player individual to fill the Sushi Chef position. Individual would be trusted to put out fresh clean food in a comfortable environment and confirm that the products he/she puts out are as fresh as possible. Individual will be responsible for preparing and displaying the product and maintaining proper sanitation within the department. The most important job that the Sushi Chef will need to perform is to provide service that exceeds our guests' expectations. Responsibilities of the Position:
Requirements for the Position:
- Prepare correctly and tests foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling or piercing them with utensils
- Always maintaining compliance with all Buy For Less policies and regulations pertaining to safety, sanitation, merchandising and food quality
- Ensure the production of high quality merchandise and service
- Maximizing sales through excellent customer service and minimizing shrink through proper utilization of procedures
- Cleanup/label and date properly / FIFO rules
- Serve dishes full of color and vibrancy that amaze our guests
- Enforces Health Department regulations regarding food handling, storage, proper steam table temperature and cleanliness of work environment
- Have knowledge of products; provides information to customers regarding use and preparation
- Prepares signs and prices of the product for the cases
- Use suggestive selling techniques.
- Greet each and every guest's that you come in contact with
- Make eye contact and determine if guest's can be assisted with any needs
- Participate as an active team member of the store to help ensure a safe, clean and productive operation.
- Excellent guest service skills
- Previous sushi experience
- Knowledge of Sushi techniques and recipes
- Exceptional Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes and department manual.
- Fast paced and requires detailed work and precision
- Experience in food handling and/or preparation
- Prepares all food product to established standards and recipes
- Ability to demonstrate trustworthiness and integrity in daily activities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sets up and maintains stock conditions and appearance of cases
- Available to work flexible schedules that include weekends, evenings, and Holidays
- Able and experienced in working at a fast pace in a customer sensitive work environment
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 45 lbs. frequently
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat
- Able to stand for long periods of time Buy For Less is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Buy For Less - 20 months ago