Sustainability Roundtable, Inc. (SR Inc) has an ongoing need for full-time Sustainability Analysts. Sustainability Analysts provide research and writing assistance for the Sustainable Business & Enterprise Roundtable (SBER). The selected Sustainability Analysts will have a demonstrated proficiency in gathering information and organizing the information into compelling written reports. The Sustainability Analysts will work collaboratively with other full-time staff and specialized consultants to compile, peer review, and assure top quality of SBER work product.
SBER research is based on Member-Client interviews, case studies, secondary resources, and discussions with sector experts and vendors. Research reports always include actionable guidance for executives who manage real estate portfolios. The published reports are continuously enhanced through Member-Client feedback; they are updated regularly as market conditions, technologies and practices evolve. Research findings are presented at webinars, quarterly in-person meetings throughout the U.S., and at an annual in-person, national Summit on Sustainable Real Estate.
- Perform secondary and primary research, analysis, and writing on an array of topics relating to management best practices in greater sustainability in business.
- Prepare high-quality written reports, briefings, and advisories for Member-Clients.
- Identify, define, and detail management best practices in more sustainable business.
- Identify, develop, and cultivate relationships with various sustainability stakeholders (customers, employees, suppliers, consumers, governmental agencies, non-governmental organizations, etc) who can inform management best practice research.
- Track and analyze public policies and government regulations related to sustainability
- Support Member-Client development for future sustainability roundtables at SR Inc.
- Undergraduate degree with impressive academic record, preferably in one of the following fields: business, architecture, real estate, engineering, urban studies, or urban planning.
- Candidates with an MBA or an advanced degree in architecture, engineering, or urban planning preferred.
- Strong, demonstrated interest and commitment to sustainability issues.
- Excellent written research, analytical, and organizational skills, with great attention to detail.
- Experience in business or academic research, preferably in a field related to sustainability.
- Ability to write very efficiently and very well and in a manner that speaks to information needs of the executives in the SBER service.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in teams and to work collaboratively.
- A minimum of two years recent experience in academic or business research, preferably related to sustainability.
- Familiarity with key global sustainability issues and major sustainability initiatives by the private, nonprofit, and public sectors both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Ability to make independent decisions and demonstrate a high level of initiative and proactive approach to problem-solving and relationship-building.
- Experience in the field of energy efficiency and sustainability is preferred.
Salary, commensurate with experience.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office suite.
Location in Greater Boston is preferred. Candidates outside Greater Boston will be considered if they have substantial, value-adding experience in corporate real estate, greater sustainability, research, and/or writing.
How to Apply: