Job ID: : 25363
Department: : Sustainability
City: : Bloomington, MN
Location: : HP - Bloomington 8170 Office Bldg
Position Type: : Temporary Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Part-time up to full time and flexible.
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, patients and the community helped us to earn a place on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s List of the Twin Cities Great Places to Work. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
Looking for an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the healthcare industry HealthPartners is seeking a Sustainability Intern in the Law Department!
8170 Office Building (Bloomington)
- Assists HP sustainability leadership in designing, implementing and managing innovative programs that promote effective environmental sustainability efforts across the HealthPartners family of organizations.
- Collects, compiles and evaluates data on wastestreams, energy and resources used and/or generated by various HP entities for use in trending, tracking and/or providing rationale for recommended changes.
- Helps prepare reports on potential concerns to the sustainability project management teams.
- Evaluates data management programs and systems to determine if appropriate for use at HP.
- Acts as lead in compiling information for inclusion on sustainability recognition applications, such as Practice Greenhealth.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or as interested.
1. Enrolment as a 3rd or 4th year student in a Bachelor’s program in the natural sciences, environmental studies, ecology, public policy or related field.
2. Knowledge of environmental sustainability terms, practices and organizations.
3. Strong research skills and ability to conduct qualitative analysis and translate numerical results into actionable information to communicate outcomes.
4. High degree of familiarity in software packages (for example: MS Office products including MS Access or knowledge of database systems, Excel spreadsheets and other graphical packages.)
5. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
6. Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to develop presentations.
7. Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new opportunities.
1. Bachelor’s degree in the natural sciences, environmental studies, ecology, public policy or related field. Relevant experience will be considered for those holding a degree in other areas.
2. Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Excel, Word and Access.
To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.jobs, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID #25363.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
HealthPartners - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...