Sustainability Roundtable, Inc. (SR Inc) has an immediate and growing need for Sustainability Research Fellows to provide expertise, research and writing assistance on a regular contract basis and full-time basis to the Sustainable Real Estate Roundtable (SRER). Sustainability Research Fellows will have a demonstrated proficiency in gathering information and organizing the information into compelling written reports.
SR Inc prefers contract-based, professional individuals who are able to provide quarter-over-quarter assistance pending superior performance. Sustainability Researcher Fellows will work with SR Inc’s full-time Research team including the EVP of Research & Consulting and Sustainability Analysts. SR Inc will prioritize existing Sustainability Research Fellows when assessing future full-time hiring needs.
SRER Research is based on Member-Client interviews, case studies, secondary resources, and discussions with sector experts and vendors. Research reports always include actionable guidance for executives who manage real estate portfolios. The published reports are continuously enhanced through Member-Client feedback; they are updated regularly as market conditions, technologies and practices evolve. Research findings are presented at webinars, quarterly in-person meetings throughout the U.S., and at an annual in-person, national Summit on Sustainable Real Estate.
- Perform secondary research, analysis, and writing on an array of topics relating to management best practices in greater sustainability in real estate portfolios including:
- Advanced Energy Management Systems (AEMS)
- Alternative Energy
- Alternative Workplace Strategy
- Building Envelope & HVAC
- Data Centers
- Employee Engagement Programs
- Enterprise Carbon Accounting (ECA)
- Green Certification & Green Lease
- Green Cleaning, Recycling
- Healthy Buildings (thermal comfort, daylighting, indoor air quality)
- Lighting & Sensors
- Project Finance & Valuation
- Water Management
- Work at the direction of SR Inc’s full-time EVP and Senior Sustainability Analysts
- Prepare high-quality written reports, briefings, and advisories for Member-Clients
- Identify, define and detail management best practices in more sustainable business
- Track and analyze of public policies and government regulations related to sustainability
- Undergraduate degree with impressive academic record, preferably in one of the following fields: business, architecture, real estate, engineering, urban studies or urban planning.
- Strong, demonstrated interest and commitment to sustainability issues
- Excellent written research, analytical and organizational skills, with great attention to detail
- Experience in business or academic research, preferably in a field related to sustainability.
- A developed interest in greater sustainability.
- Ability to write very efficiently and very well.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in teams and to work collaboratively.
- A minimum of two years recent experience in academic or business research and writing, preferably related to sustainability.
- A developed interest in the key global sustainability issues and major sustainability initiatives by the private, nonprofit, and public sectors both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Ability to make independent decisions and demonstrate a high level of initiative and proactive approach to problem-solving and relationship-building.
- Experience in the field of energy efficiency and corporate sustainability is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office suite.