Health, Education, and Social Programs
International Health and Development Division
About ICF International
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
Our website is
ICF seeks an Associate to support the Program Implementation and Technical Assistance Unit of the Center for Design and Research in Sustainability (CEDARS). CEDARS pursues excellence in planning and measuring sustainability in health and social development initiatives (
- Actively participate in and support activities of ICF’s CEDARS for a range of activities, for example:
- Conduct literature reviews, analyze findings and write effective literature review summaries
- Conduct online data searches, compile and analyze data and prepare reports
- Design and create data collection instruments for both monitoring and evaluation activities
- Prepare training manuals, guidance documents
- Support and participate in in-country visits
- Build national capacity by conducting training/s and co- leading country level activities such as pilot data collection and analysis activities
- Support different types of assessments carried out by the CEDARS+ team, from organizational to assessments of national ownership and sustainability assessments; produces detailed indicator references and definitions
- Support proposal development and occasionally write technical sections of proposals
- Travel up to 30% of the time
- MPH or Master’s degree in International development, public health or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working internationally in program implementation, preferably with resident experience in Africa, Middle East or Asia.
- Solid grasp of current international development issues, notably large USG initiatives (PEPFAR, PMI), Global Fund, Foundations or other international development agencies (DfID)
- Experience with professional writing and proposal development
- Very strong team player, able to work in a matrixed organization
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or program management
- Experience with evaluation practice
- Strong writer, and proven ability to communicate clearly to diverse audiences
- Additional languages favored
- Appreciation of systems and complexity theory and their application to international development is a plus
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at
ICF International - 11 months ago
Consultant ICF International sees opportunity in government spending. The firm advises government entities and businesses on issues related...