Crestron is the world's leading manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems, innovating technology and reinventing the way people live and work. Offering integrated solutions to control audio, video, computer, IP and environmental systems, Crestron streamlines technology, improving the quality of life for people in corporate boardrooms, conference rooms, classrooms, auditoriums, and in their homes. Crestron's leadership stems from its dedicated people who are committed to providing the best products, programs and services in the industry. This culmination of loyalty, devotion and innovation is what our dealers refer to as "The Crestron Experience."
Crestron’s firmware team is looking for a talented and self-motivated engineer with strong embedded system knowledge and firmware development experience who can apply his/her expertise in embedded system's firmware design and development to maintain and enhance our touch screens and control systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance of current firmware/software systems including enhancements on features and performance, troubleshooting, and bug fixing
- Work closely with Hardware, and Software design engineers to solve cross-functional design issues.
- Implement, debug and maintain embedded real time software and algorithms for Windows CE based products
- Providing technical documentation (test procedures, design specifications, etc.)
Skills and Education Requirements:
We need a creative engineer, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. You will have a Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
In addition we require:
- A minimum of 1 years of proven experience developing and debugging applications and Board Support Packages for Windows CE, embedded Linux, or similar (including drivers, memory management, and efficient driver communication methods)
- Must have strong C and C++ programming skills, experience with C# is a plus
- Experience developing and debugging software for microcontroller peripherals and systems (e.g. LCD controllers, boot loaders, interrupt and trap functions, serial and parallel interfaces, USB, Ethernet, EEPROM, etc.)
- Experience with debugging tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Experience with communication networks and protocols (e.g. USB, Ethernet, J1939, ISO11783, TCP/IP, etc.) are also beneficial.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills detail
- Must be persistent, possess strong problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with others to find solutions that avoid project stalls
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Must have the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Must possess a strong team orientation
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Other Duties as assigned.
Crestron Electronics - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Crestron Electronics doesn't mind if its customers have control issues. The company provides hardware and software used to control and...