Join the team responsible for localization at Netflix. We are looking for an experienced Swedish linguist with the ability to translate and customize marketing, UI and content materials for the target market.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with the right mix of technical, organizational and communication skills to provide localization for the Netflix experience.
Native fluency, localization experience and creative writing in Swedish is essential. Knowledge or prior experience in the film/entertainment industry is definitely a plus.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of linguistic quality
- Creating and maintaining glossaries and style guides
- Working with CAT tools, approving translations and maintaining memories
- Working with external vendors
- Representing linguistic and cultural nuances in cross-functional meetings
- Hands-on translation and editing tasks
- Planning and executing linguistic QA tasks on multiple devices and platforms
- Originating, monitoring and resolving linguistic bugs as necessary
- Degree in Applied Linguistics, Translation and/or equivalent experience
- Native fluency in Swedish
- Knowledge of the movie/entertainment industry in the specific locale
- Mac and PC proficient
- Experience with translation & terminology tools
- Basic knowledge of Content Management Systems and web localization tools
Netflix - 4 months ago
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...