Part Time – Non Exempt
$11 - $14
Be part of our Cause
The YMCA of Orange County staff are committed to teaching youth positive life skills, values and the importance of giving back. In our communities, our staff support and strengthen families by offering quality experiences that are affordable and life-enriching. Our staff encourage participation by all members of our community and create an environment where everyone aspires to be their best. Each day, we work side-by-side with others to strengthen the foundations of our communities.
The YMCA of Orange County has an immediate need for Swim Instructors in the Mission Viejo Area. A swim instructor is responsible for pool area safety, enforces pool rules, administers first aid, sets up and takes down equipment, and performs pool maintenance.
- Provide safe and effective swim instruction to members and participants.
- Actively promote the swim program.
- Record swim lesson information.
- Perform pool safety duties as needed.
- Ensure safe environment by performing routine pool maintenance tasks and operations.
- Report all safety-related incidents promptly and accurately.
- Ensure quality member service to all members and participants at all times.
- Follow and enforce safety standards and all other policies and procedures.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Education & Certifications : Must be at least 18 years of age. First Aid and CPR certification. YMCA, Red Cross or other nationally recognized Swim Instructor or Water Safety Instructor certification required. Obtain YMCA Fundamentals of Swim certification within 1 year of employment. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Strong customer and results orientation;
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures; and
- Ability to be an effective member of project teams.
The YMCA of Orange County offers excellent benefits as part of our compensation package. Programs such as medical and dental insurance options are available for full-time staff. Program discounts, retirement, and complimentary use of YMCA facilities are offered to all employees.
Learn more about opportunities at the Y
*Eligibility requirements, employee handbook and job description to be provided at hire. All candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The YMCA of Orange County - 22 months ago