To promptly answer Arlington Park’s numerous incoming service call lines in a courteous, timely and efficient manner and directing phone calls to appropriate Arlington Park personnel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Opens/closes switchboard following standard procedure.
• Following switchboard guidelines directs appropriately to Arlington Park personnel
• Takes messages following guidelines related to timeliness and accuracy and processes appropriately.
• Receive, interpret and disseminate all calls in order of priority via the telephone.
• Relay information with speed and accuracy
• Demonstrate proficiency with use of the telephone console
• Relay telephone console problems to a supervisor
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with prior experience answering calls in a customer service oriented call center environment.
Education, Training and Experience :
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Sit for long periods of time.
• Concentrate for prolonged periods (such as computer monitor, listening to callers, etc.).
• Wear a headset for a minimum of four hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Have you had previous switchboard experience? (yes/no)
2. Do you have any horse racing knowledge? (yes/no)
3. Are you able to work in a confined area with two other employees? (yes/no)
4. Are you flexible working any days of the week? (yes/no)