ServiceSource is a leading nonprofit disability resource organization with regional offices and programs located in eight states and the District of Columbia. We serve more than 14,000 individuals with disabilities annually through a range of innovative and valued employment, training, habilitation, housing and other support services. In addition to our support services, ServiceSource directly employs more than 1,500 individuals on successful government and commerical affirmative employment contracts. We invite you to be a part of our successful mission by applying for this position.
Job Purpose: Operate a switchboard by perfoming the essential duties listed below.
The requirements listed below are representive of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate a Government provided EPBX switchboard with 26 central office trunks, 24 FTS trunks, 24 IT trunks for 1800 telephones and respond to calls in "queued" order
- Operate paging system for hospital pagers and overhead paging system
- Make various daily announcements as requested by VA staff
- Retrieve patient information as requested
- Retrieve inpatient roster from Emergency Room
- Retrieve gains and losses report from Emergency Room
- Recive a regular published listing from various departments regarding "on-call" staff and diret calls to those locations
- Act as a liason between the VA Police and the Medical Center, monitoring 24 "code green" alarms, and 4 manually activated "burglar/code green" alarms
- Act as a liason between the Medical Center and the electrical contractor, monitoring fire emergencies and following "code red" procedures
- Respond to walk-up traffic with requested information as to the location of patients, clinics, offices, etc.
- Respond to "code blues"
- Maintain lost and found log and tag all articles
- Direct courier deliveries of candy, flowers, etc. to the appropriate wards
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Must be able to work variable shifts
Ability to operate a PC with functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, primarily MS Word/Excel and Windows graphical users interface
Working knowledge of medical staff and departments
Ability to read, write and receive written and/or verbal instructions
Must be able to speak clearly and understand verbal and written communications
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists
Excellent verbal communication skills for interfacing with military and civilian customers
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise levle in the work environment is usually quiet.
ServiceSource Inc. - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
ServiceSource is a leading nonprofit disability resource organization with regional offices and programs located in eight states and the...