You don't get to be a leader in global communications without learning a thing or two about what it takes to stay out in front. Not to mention the types of people a company needs to make it happen. We look for individuals who are motivated by the success of their team and by the success of their careers. That's the formula for success at Verizon. If it's yours as well, apply right away.
Responsible for the monitoring, acceptance, activation, testing, maintenance and repair of infrastructure equipment and associated electrical, alarming and building monitoring systems per specifications and operational procedures, in central offices and remote facilities. This includes hands on preventative maintenance (routines) of AC/DC Power, testing of all generator backup systems and associated transfer switches and fuel systems. Responsible for maintenance and repair of the physical facilities structures, security and peripheral systems. Responsible for emergency power and physical facility remedies at all technical facilities, a first responder during natural disasters or any other facilities threat to network safety. Technicians may receive direction or work from multiple organizations and external suppliers in addition to the assignments from the dispatch group and their manager.
- Troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of Diesel and Gasoline engines, turbines and Automatic Transfer Switches
- Keep detailed equipment records and maintenance logs.
- Move, connect, and activate portable power generators.
- Moving and/or lifting materials generally not exceeding 100 lbs.
- Required to wear tool belt and work aloft.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, nights, weekends and emergency call outs
- Extensive travel required to perform daily duties. (Driving to various work locations within assigned areas).
- May be required to perform LAN/Wan administration in order to connect power plant monitoring equipment to the larger surveillance network.
- May be required to run cables for power IO Ports on systems, and perform power fusing.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Ability and desire to work safely in a live power plant environment
- A valid driver's license is required. CDL license may be required to transport large generators.
- Electricians License and ASE Certification are desired.
This is a Regular Full-Time position with paid training . Training generally includes extended classroom and on-the-job training. Must be willing to attend training in/out of state locations as required.
The pay range is $15.02 an hour to $33.76 an hour. Wage credit may be given based on work experience, education, and training.
Talent Skills Assessment
Employment is contingent upon successfully completing pre-employment testing, a medical department evaluation, and drug screen and background investigation
Switching Equipment Tech - POWER
3354 Switching Equipment Technician-Power PA 7797
- Building Maintenance - Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
S35247 30 E CORYDON ST BRADFORD PA MCKEAN USA 16701
Hourly Rate: $14.08 - $35.48
What makes a great career? If you ask us, we’ll tell you that it’s the experience, the people and the sense of pride that comes...