Are you interested in working for a company where you can utilize your skill set to its maximum potential? Are you interested in a career opportunity that will challenge you every day and give you an opportunity to learn new industries, skills and experience? Then Carrington Mortgage Holdings may be the perfect fit for you!
Founded in 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically integrated speciality finance company. Together, Carrington's Family of Companies directs every aspect of the life cycle of single family assets - from investment and origination through asset management and disposition. We offer an excellent career opportunity including opportunity for advancement, skills enhancement and excellent benefits.
We have a solid base of business units that are all growing. In this role, as a member of the IT Infrastructure team, you will support 19 different business lines including a national real estate brokerage company, mortgage origination, and mortgage servicing and property management. This is a high visibility position where you will have the chance to work directly with business leaders to learn about their challenges and design solutions.
The Sybase Database Administrator is responsible for all activities related to the deployment, implementation, and administration of databases including control, maintenance, and support of all database environments and related applications.
- Implement and administer Sybase databases in support of in-house developed and vendor applications including Sybase IQ and Sybase ASE.
- Administrate, monitor and troubleshoot any database related activities including ETL processes.
- Develop, implement and execute maintenance plans to maximize availability, performance, and reliability of databases
- Develop and implement measures of availability, performance, and reliability of databases
- Develop, implement and execute a backup / disaster recovery plan for all databases via various technologies (log shipping, database mirroring, SAN replication, etc.)
- Review, plan, test, and implement database upgrades while adhering to all change management policies and procedures
- Work in conjunction with program owners in the review, planning, testing, and implementation of program upgrades dependent on database technology
- Troubleshoot and resolve database connectivity and performance problems
- Collects and presents relevant application and database performance statistics including server performance and trend analysis
- Performs in-depth analysis of application security, performance and health at system and network level; makes relevant recommendations to improve system availability and reliability based on this analysis and coordinates the implementation of approved changes
- Coordinates configuration, installation, and setup of application and database servers as required
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems with production systems; escalates issues and facilitates resolution
- Guides development of technical documentation for production applications
- Documents business applications architecture and process flow using MS Visio or other modeling tools
- Identifies requirements and makes technical recommendations based on industry best-practices according to identified requirements
- Develops technical subject matter expertise on business application systems
- Exhibits excellent communication skills with all team members
- Works independently and as a technical team member
Education & Experience:
- Strong analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting, collaboration and technical skills with demonstrated experience delivering world-class, enterprise solutions using Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE), Sybase IQ, Microsoft SQL 2005/2008, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and Sharepoint
- Experience with Win2k, MS Visio, MS Project, Erwin, SharePoint and related industry standard software tools
- Knowledge of SDLC, COBIT, Change Management and SOX methodology
- Understanding if database security, change controls methods, and DR technologies
- 4 year degree or equivalent job experience in Sybase Database Administration.
- 5+ years experience with database management systems – Sybase ASE and IQ required.
- 5+ years experience with software development tools
- 5+ years experience with ETL using Microsoft DTS, SSIS
- BSA training coursework and/or certification desired
- Certified Sybase Professional Adaptive Server Enterprise
- Certified Sybase Professional Sybase IQ
- Certified Sybase Professional Replication Server
Carrington Mortgage Holdings is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the company that applicants be considered for positions for which they qualify without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veterans status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. CMH will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship on the company.
For further information, please contact
had Hooper at 949.517.7141 or
Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC
- 2 years ago - save job