This role is resposible for managing all aspects of the item and price information files and the tools used to create them. Role is also responsible for providing technical advisement to both internal and external customers on business implementation of assigned speciality to achieve business objectives.
Accountability will entail all or some of the following responsibilities depending on the cycle and demand:
- Be the subject matter expert of the item and price information files or the application used to create the files, understanding every aspect of the creation and use of the product
- Maintaining and tracking the schedule of events leading up to the file creation
- Verifying output files and requesting documentation for changes
- Collaborating with IT groups, third party technology providers and/or vendors to verify output files and update validation configuration files
- Coordinating with pricing, marketing and content teams to provide tasks needed for file creation and dissemination
- Executing tasks as assigned in a timely and error free manner. Tasks may include using our file creation application, processing for customized files, and coordinating tasks of other areas.
- Conducting phone and live-demo training sessions of the file creation application
- Working closely with client management to analyze and research issues or change requests to identify alternative solutions, specify complex business requirements and processes, and make recommendations
- User acceptance testing
- Understands and demonstrates United Stationers' Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Expert skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access (required)
- Basic skills with Microsoft Project (preferred)
- Basic skills with Microsoft Visio (preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (required)
- Intermediate or stronger skills in writing functional manuals (required)
- Strong ability to understand complex, inter-related tasks (required)
- Strong problem solving skills (required)
- Knowledge/experience in system testing and writing test cases (preferred)
- Ability to follow and update established user and internal documentation (required)
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information across various organizational levels, regardless of the level of technical competency or style of the reader or audience (required)
Education and Experience:
- Some college beneficial, Bachelor's degree preferred
United Stationers - 10 months ago
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...