Lockheed Martin IS&GS-Civil is seeking experienced Deployment Engineers to join a fast paced Infrastructure Engineering Team working on mission-critical systems for the government. This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside a diverse group of dedicated, skilled, and highly motivated engineers that collectively solve some of the government's most unique technical challenges using cutting edge technology.
Candidates must thrive in a self-organized team, proactively complete work – even if it is not directly assigned, and have good communication skills in order to articulate issues and solutions to customers and team members. The selected candidates will have strong problem solving skills (innovation, collaboration, analysis, inductive reasoning) and a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and drive to be successful. In addition, the individual will be part of the Engineering team with the scope to include both large and small scale customer-driven projects and enterprise infrastructure and operational projects. Individual will be expected to own and manage complex projects from inception to completion including technical assessments, architectural design and planning, integration, testing, and implementation.
The successful candidate will perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships. Identify resources required for each deployment and provide supervision and direction to deployment staff. The candidate should be capable of managing software defects, issues, risks, deployment and packaging.
Additionally, the candidate will serve in the following general roles as a:
* Facilitator: serves as a liaison between varying business units to guarantee smooth and timely delivery of deployments.
* Gatekeeper: holds the “keys” to production systems/applications and takes responsibility for the deployments.
* Architect: helps to identify, create and/or implement processes or products to efficiently manage the deployments.
* Server application support engineer: help troubleshoot problems with an application, but not writing the code.
* Coordinator: utilized to coordinate disparate source trees, projects, teams, and components.
• Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
• Experience with UNIX Environment and Shell Scripting
• Experience with Java/JEE environments
• Experience troubleshooting java, COTS, and/or customer script issues which includes understanding logs and error messages
• Good written and verbal communication – communicate plan and summarize issues
• Experience with mission critical systems with high SLAs.
• Experience with WebSphere Application Server (WAS)
• Experience with Solaris and Red Hat Linux
• Familiarity with Subversion
• Solid understanding and experience with Agile software development methodologies
LMCareers Business Unit
ESS0997 IS&GS-CIVIL (S8200)
Info Systems & Global Sol
STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 20 months ago
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...