The Systems Administrator establishes new user accounts, assigns privileges, and maintains system security, troubleshoots system and software problems; establishes and updates procedures and documentation and performs daily system monitoring and maintenance, data backup and restoration, data processing utilities, shell scripting, batch processing, security log audits, creation and deployment of server and workstation images; investigate, analyze, correct and test software related issues; update software procedures to validate the software requirements specs; application problem resolution; and provide software related support to customer; develop, compile, test and deploy custom scripting to user specifications for problem resolution; assist in hardware/software integration; investigate vendor vulnerability updates and patches and create/modify scripting to assure system configuration compatibilities; monitors system daily for proper operation, performs routine system preventative and restorative maintenance.
- Maintain current technical competencies to recommend appropriate system upgrades
- Maintains Windows Systems for a high visibility national system comprised of multiple servers on several networks at local and remote locations
- Administer standalone and network installation, file system management, backups, process control, user administration, and device management
- Responsible for resolving a wide variety of complex system failures, troubleshooting software, hardware, and network problems, and monitoring and addressing Service Center trouble tickets and ISR as required
- Provide 24x7 on-call support to mission critical systems and user support and administration
- Configure Windows OS to allow interaction between networks. Provide DNS, Active Directory and LDAP configuration. Configure hardware and software for servers, RAIDs, storage arrays, and library storage devices
- Provide O&M functions such as hard drive removal, print server configuration, performance optimization, and research and installation of current patches, where applicable install and support printers and storage peripherals
- Participate in technical exchanges
- Ensure compliance with computer security policy
- Schedule and conduct preventative maintenance on Windows, Solaris and RHEL systems
- Ensure proper labeling of system components
- Develop, maintain, and report meaningful metrics
- Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts as requir
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar degree or equivalent experience.
Employees in California must have a Bachelor degree in the applicable field, or an applicable certification, equivalent certificate or any required license. Equivalent experience will not be considered. Required Skills:
Bachelor dgree, preferably in Science in Information Technology or equivalent field, and 3-5 years experience in Windows server administration or relevant experience. Candidate should have a minimum of 2 years experience in Unix/Linux server administration. The successful candidate must have comprehensive understanding of internet working concepts such as TCP/IP, and a working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V and/or Oracle VM (LDOM). Successful candidate should demonstrate strong written/verbal communications, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills including willingness and ability to document and share information. Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices is essential, including familiarity with technical modifications and documentation required to obtain/maintain Government customer System Security Accreditation. Security+ certification is required. Preferred Skills:
Additional experience with the following is desired: installation, configuration and maintenance of a virtual environment, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Certifications, DOD computer security tools such as SRR and Gold Disk, VB scripting and process documentation. Experience with customer programs and facilities are also desired.
BAE Systems - 9 months ago
IT System Admin
Data Systems Analysts, Inc.
Data Systems Analysts, Inc.
- 1 day ago
System Admin Sr
- 9 days ago
System Admin I
Fort Belvoir, VA
- 2 days ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...