Quidsi Inc., a recently acquired subsidiary of Amazon.com, is an entrepreneurial leader and parent company to Diapers.com (baby care), Soap.com (health, beauty, personal care and household essentials) and BeautyBar.com (luxury beauty). We offer our customers the best prices while giving them the ultimate ecommerce experience, which is strengthened by our award winning customer service. Come work with critical thinkers, hard workers and innovators energized by our passion to explore “what if” (the meaning of Quidsi in Latin) and driven by a commitment to inspire passion in our customers. We are deeply impassioned about building a culture that fosters entrepreneurial mindsets, accountability, integrity bound by trust and appreciation of our employees. Be a part of the next generation that believes working hard and playing hard is a winning compliment to competitive wages, great benefits and product discounts. The next step is ours – join Quidsi Inc., a next generation ecommerce company. We offer a great work environment, competitive wages, great benefits and product discounts.
Quidsi Inc is looking for an System Administration Engineer. The ideal candidate will have strong analytic and problem solving skills which he/she can apply to identify, diagnose, and resolve system malfunctions/problems/issues to minimize system downtime and achieve system or network recovery. This position is expected to:
- Monitor and Maintain infrastructure systems and participate in process improvements by providing ideas and solutions to prevent problems from reoccurring.
- Provide support for Quidsi systems and infrastructure environment; i.e. administration and support of both hardware and software, maintaining and managing client\server applications and base operating systems.
- Proactively identify and resolve system issues to maintain operations, enhance system capabilities and prevent system outages.
- Design and deliver automated solutions, utilizing Windows PowerShell, Visual Basic scripting toolsets which facilitate seamless monitoring of events, alerting of problems, and communication of systems success and failures.
- Analyze daily functions and processes to ensure that they are performing within predetermined guidelines, limits and specifications.
- Ensure proper documentation of all operational procedures to ensure all remain up-to-date for purposes of effective communication, trouble shooting and cross-training.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across the organization.
- Ensure security and integrity of systems and data.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
This position is conveniently located in Jersey City, NJ, a four minute ride from the World Trade Center and just outside the Exchange Place PATH Station.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years working in a NOC /System Admin Engineer role.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes the ability to explain technical terminology to non-technical end users.
- Experience with Windows Server 2003/2008, Linux systems , VMWare, XenServer, Cisco networks
- Must be highly self motivated and directed.
- Must possess a keen attention to detail.
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to multitask and handle shifting priorities
- Experience working in a team-oriented , collaborative environment
Quidsi Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Amazon.com - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...