Quidsi Inc. ( Quidsi.com ), a recently acquired subsidiary of Amazon.com, is an entrepreneurial leader and parent company Diapers.com , Soap.com , Beautybar.com , Wag.com , Yoyo.com , Casa.com , Vine.com , Afterschool.com , Bookworm.com and Look.com . We offer our customers the best products, prices and selection while providing them the ultimate ecommerce experience and award winning customer service. Come work with critical thinkers, hard workers and innovators energized by a passion to explore “what if” (the meaning of Quidsi in Latin) and driven by a commitment to inspire passion in our customers. We are deeply impassioned about building a culture that fosters entrepreneurial mindsets, accountability, integrity bound by trust and appreciation of our employees. The next step is yours – Join Quidsi Inc. ( Quidsi.com ), a next generation ecommerce company. We offer a great work environment, competitive wages, great benefits and product discounts.
Quidsi, Inc. is seeking a candidate for the position as Network Systems Engineer. This candidate will be a member of the Core Infrastructure Team. The ideal candidate will have strong analytic and problem solving skills which can be directly applied to build, identify, diagnose, and resolve network and system malfunctions/problems/issues. Do you love to maximize throughputs and minimize downtime? We are looking for a very dynamic and motivated individual to spearhead our network operations as we continue to expand. This position is expected to:
· Maintain network infrastructure and assist the support of networked systems. Participate in process improvements by providing ideas and solutions that maintain scale and prevent problems from reoccurring.
· Proactively identify and resolve system issues to maintain operations, enhance system capabilities and prevent system outages.
· Design and deliver automated solutions, utilizing Windows PowerShell, Visual Basic scripting toolsets which facilitate seamless creation and monitoring of events, alerting of problems, and communication of systems success and failures.
· Analyze daily functions and processes to ensure that they are performing within predetermined guidelines, limits and specifications.
· Ensure proper documentation of all operational procedures to ensure accuracy and relevance for purposes of effective communication, trouble shooting and cross-training.
· Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across the organization.
Ensure security and integrity of systems and data.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
· Minimum of 2-3 years working in a Network Engineer and/or Systems Engineer role working closely with TCP/IP, UDP, 802.1X, HSRP/VRRP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, STP, Trunking & Port Channeling, IPsec, TLS, BGP and OSPF.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes the ability to explain technical terminology to non-technical end users and maintain clear and well organized documentation.
· Experience with Cisco IOS, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Meru Wireless and Netscaler ADCs.
· Experience with Network Systems OS - Linux systems, Windows Server 2003/2008, and Virtualization – AWS, VMWare, XenServer.
· Must be highly self-motivated and work with little direction or supervision.
· Must possess a keen attention to detail.
· Work independently in a fast-paced environment
· Be able to multitask.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Experience with AWS a plus.
Experience with programming a plus.
This position is conveniently located in Jersey City, NJ, a four minute ride from the World Trade Center and just outside the Exchange Place PATH Station.
Quidsi, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Soap.com - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard